Events at The Village
- This event has passed.
45th Annual Summer Music Festival
August 9 - August 21
The Sunriver Music Festival Presents: The 45th Annual Summer Festival August 8-21, 2022 in Sunriver and Bend with Artistic Director & Conductor Brett Mitchell, the Festival Orchestra, and world-class soloists. Join us in two stunning locations – Sunriver Resort’s Great Hall and the brand-new Caldera High School in Bend.
Four classical concerts, one pops concert, a groundbreaking solo piano concert, and the fun “Discover the Symphony” concert will be on stage this summer. Classical Concert I opens the season August 10th at the brand new Caldera High School auditorium in Bend. Also being held at Caldera High School is the Pops Concert on August 12th and Classical Concert IV on August 21. All other concerts will be at Sunriver Resort’s historic Great Hall. “We are looking forward to this new era marking the inaugural season with our new Artistic Director & Conductor Brett Mitchell. This summer will be a breath of fresh air as we return indoors at these two beautiful venues, “shares Executive Director Meagan Iverson. “Maestro Mitchell is an esteemed conductor bringing high quality musical experiences for Central Oregon residents and visitors and we cannot wait for this community to meet him!”
This is a great time to consider joining as a Friend of the Festival member because seat reservations open to members as early as April 1 before opening to the public on June 1. Members have first choice of the best seats while helping sustain the musical magic into
the 45th season and beyond.
2022 SUMMER FESTIVAL CONCERT SCHEDULE
- August 8, 2022 – Kick off your season with a special outdoor free MOVIE NIGHT. The film highlights the dramatic story of Beethoven’s Third Symphony (“Eroica”). Why was the “Eroica” so revolutionary? Why did this symphony provoke political arguments among patrons and performers alike? How did Beethoven’s “Eroica” impact the future of classical music then and forever? Join us for movie night and find out!
- Classical Concert I – August 10, 2022 – Caldera High School in Bend, 7:30 p.m. We open Maestro Mitchell’s tenure with a celebratory concert featuring many of our fine orchestra musicians and Beethoven’s monumental masterpiece, the “Eroica.”
- Pops Concert – August 12, 2022 – Caldera High School, 7:30 p.m. The first half celebrates big anniversaries in the world of music for the silver screen. The second half features all that jazz. Come for your favorite film scores and dynamic live
arrangements of Gershwin, Joplin, Ellington standards, and more! Featuring Timothy Jones, bass-baritone.
- Classical Concert II – August 15, 2022 – Sunriver Resort Great Hall, 7:30 p.m. A brand new Cliburn-winning piano soloist joins the Festival Orchestra in a stunningly beautiful piano-centric evening. This June, tune into the world’s pre-eminent piano
competition at cliburn.org to see who our soloist will be!
- Solo Piano Concert – August 16, 2022 – Sunriver Resort Great Hall, 7:30 p.m. The historical Great Hall set the scene for a groundbreaking solo performance from one of the best young pianists in the world.
- Discover the Symphony Concert – August 17, 2022 – Sunriver Resort Great Hall, 7:30 p.m. This entertaining concert presents orchestral music in a fun and informal setting. Bring the whole family and enjoy a one-hour concert in the beautiful Great Hall with virtuosic young soloists and the full orchestra. Free for kids 18 and under, fun for all ages!
- Classical Concert III – August 18, 2022 – Sunriver Resort Great Hall, 7:30 p.m. Featuring William Hagen, violin. The riveting 28-year-old American violinist, already a seasoned international performer hailed as a “brilliant virtuoso…a standout”, joins the
Festival Orchestra for Brahms’ iconic Violin Concerto.
- Classical Concert IV – August 21, 2022 – Caldera High School, 7:30 p.m. Featuring Timothy Jones, bass-baritone, an enthusiastic champion of contemporary works and composers. Equally at home on the opera and concert stage as he is in the more
intimate settings of chamber music and solo recital, Jones performs with the Festival Orchestra in a closing concert of Shakespearean grandeur.
Sunriver Music Festival is committed to expanding the audience for classical music by nurturing the next generation of artistic talent and by presenting a world-class musical experience for Central Oregon residents and visitors.